ABOUT THE COURSE
- At JIS the NX- Manufacturing training course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) using NX's Manufacturing application.
- This course will teach you the use of the NX Manufacturing application for creating 2.5 and 3-axis tool paths.
- There will be thorough discussions on the machining strategies options and machining parameters that are common to various operations.
- After becoming familiar with the NX CAM interface and basic CAM concepts, you will learn about using tool path visualization and group creation for operations.
- You will be able to create Associative Machining Geometry and become familiar with Planar Milling, Drilling and Cavity Milling processes used in advanced Roughing and Finishing operations.
- Turning Manufacturing Process is the core turning class designed to convey concepts, functionality, and application of the turning module.
- Turning Manufacturing Process is taught from the perspective of an NC/CNC programming session and emphasizes programming concepts and techniques which take advantage of the latest developments in turning equipment and technology.
Introduction and Overview30 Minute
Part analysis for manufacturing30 Minute
User Interface30 Minute
Operation Navigator30 Minute
Machine Coordinate System30 Minute
Post Processing/Shop Documentation30 Minute
Planar/Cavity Milling30 Minute
Fixed Contour Area Milling30 Minute
Face Milling30 Minute
Text Engraving30 Minute
Turning Manufacturing Process
Defining part and blank geometry30 Minute
Retrieving and creating tools30 Minute
Facing operations30 Minute
Tool Path Verification30 Minute
Common options30 Minute
Centerline operations30 Minute
Roughing operations – OD30 Minute
Roughing operations – ID30 Minute
Finish operations OD and ID30 Minute
Teach mode30 Minute
Threading operations30 Minute
Using Multiple Spindles30 Minute
Merging lathes30 Minute
Vertical turret lathe30 Minute